A Christmas Quiz
- Dec, 24 , 11
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate, Michelle's hot chocolate to be exact.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I like both, but this year it's colored lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Right after Slone's birthday on Novemeber 30.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Mom's whole meal. This year we are having ribs. But chili is a tradition too.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
It seems like we always opened gifts on Christmas eve. I remember thinking we always got a lot that night and Christmas morning wouldn't be any fun because there wouldn't be that much. But we'd wake up to a whole bunch more. Mom is good at making a little look like a lot!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember. I was never huge into Santa. I was probably frightened by the thought of someone getting in our house while we were asleep.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
I got the boys pajamas, so they will open those.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
It just has huge colored lights on it and some wide green garland. The boys have put their handmade ones from school on it too.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I like it. But I wish it could snow without getting on the roads. Maybe we need heated roads?!
12. Can you ice skate?
I have never been ice skating in my life.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I can't remember a specific one. We never really made lists. But whatever Mom did get me was always way better than what I did ask for.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Remembering the greatest gift, Jesus. Giving. Happiness.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Do I have to pick? I seriously don't have a problem picking at the dessert table, except if I can fit them all on my plate.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
That my family waits to open gifts until everyone can be there. And we get gifts for everyone! And there's a lot of us now!
17. What tops your tree?
a glittery white star.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
giving, especially giving something I made for them.
19. Candy canes: Yuck or Yummy?
yum, but just the originals.
20. Saddest Christmas song?
I'll be home for Christmas
The boys have a SpongeBob movie that has a great Christmas song. Turns out Matt does have a little bit of holiday cheer, this is his new catch phrase for the season!
Have a great Christmas!